|August 26, 2013 at 7:54 pm #1209|
This newly created position works closely with the Executive Director and other relevant parties at both the Museum and NHRA to assist the Museum as it moves toward the goals outlined in the Strategic Plan and as defined by the Director and Board of Directors. The Development Officer will join a thriving organization in transition and will support change by creating and maintaining membership/annual fund, major gifts, corporate sponsorships, foundation grants, and planned giving. Serving as the chief fundraising officer of the institution, the Development Officer will work with the Executive Director to guide staff and volunteers to institutionalize philanthropy and fund development within the organization, securing charitable contributions to support the Museum’s vision, mission, and operations.
– Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5-7 years related experience
– Proven successful experience in fundraising, sponsorship, financial management and working with non-profit boards and volunteers.
– A talent for building strong relationships, trust and confidence with a wide range of constituencies.
– Must be a team player with a passion for the power of museums and informal education.
– Excellent communication skills
– Comfortable working in the motorsports field and in close proximity with the people and racing vehicles associated with the sport of drag racing and other forms of motorsport.
– Ability to create an effective and professional fundraising program; skill and ability to build and nurture relationships with a diverse range of individuals; proven fundraising success from a variety of sources, especially in soliciting gifts from individual donors; grant writing experience preferred.
– Knowledge of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques in individual, corporate, foundation, and sponsorship fundraising.
– The ability to convey appropriate messages in a meaningful and compelling way, and to represent the Museum to the community at large through various forms of engagement.
– Previous experience in soliciting corporate sponsorship as well as traditional charitable gifts for an arts or education organization is strongly preferred; superior writing skills and the ability to craft clear, concise, and persuasive messages are essential.
– Must be able to travel 10-25%
In return we offer a competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a 401(k) Plan. For information on submitting your resume go to http://www.nhra.com and click on “Jobs at NHRA” located at the bottom of the page. You may also send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.