Taking in vehicles on loan and length of exhibits

Handling vehicles on loan from collectors. Setting up rotating displays.

Home Online Communities Exhibits Taking in vehicles on loan and length of exhibits

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of BMW Car Club of American Foundation BMW Car Club of American Foundation 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
January 3, 2017 at 7:28 pm #2271
Profile photo of BMW Car Club of American Foundation
BMW Car Club of American Foundation

We have found out we are carrying way too much insurance on our building and collection. I have a few questions for you as to how your museum handles stuff when it comes to loaner cars.

1. Do you carry insurance for loaned vehicles?
a. If so, how much?
b. Do you also require the owners to keep their insurance on the vehicle(s)?
2. If want a loaner vehicle that isn’t local to you, who pays to transport to your museum? Who pays to return the vehicle to the owner after the exhibit is over?

I guess I also have a couple other questions for you about rotating displays.
1. If you have a rotating display, how long do you keep it up?
2. How much time (either paid staff or volunteers) do you budget to change these displays?
3. How much money do you budget for these displays? (I realize some of you are huge museums and others are small. We are very small, but I can still pass this information onto our Executive Director)
4. How much of your museum is dedicated to rotating displays?
5. Do you have more than one rotating display?

We can only have about 20-25 cars in our building. Over the course of the year, we typically don’t get that many visitors per month like many of you do. Most of our visits are from scheduled open houses where we could get anywhere from 20 to 200 people visit.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.