Digitizing 8mm microfilm

Need to find a source to digitize 4 50' rolls of AAA contest records.

Home Online Communities Conservation Digitizing 8mm microfilm

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of naam admin naam admin 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
December 28, 2016 at 5:44 pm #2270
Profile photo of DJ Kave
DJ Kave

I have 8mm microfilm of AAA records but the only place I can read them is at a downtown historical library and after several hours managed to view and take note of a fraction of one roll. Need to be able to view them at home and cut and paste segments.

Attempted numerous sources including iMemories.com that advertised any format. Even called them, “Oh yes, we can do it” only to have them returned. ‘No can do” They called it reel to reel video. So if anyone has a digitizing source that can handle the somewhat odd format please let me know. It doesn’t look like this site gets too much traffic so email direct. djksetx@yahoo.com. Thanks. DJ Kava, Beaumont, TX

January 11, 2017 at 4:00 pm #2272
Profile photo of naam admin
naam admin

DJ,
I have a lead for you.
I talked to some members of a camera store/photo lab group and told them about your situation. Here is the response that I got from them:

Terry, just spoke with my film transfer guy, Rick Lombardi from TeleFilm transfers. They have Bosch scanners for transferring 8mm to 35mm movie film. They have done some other odd work like this. He thinks they could do it, but may need to get a reel in to try it first. Maybe you could email him a photo of a strip of the film to see if that helps? Rick’s cell is 215-559-4513.

Hope this helps.
Terry Ernest,
Director, Wills Sainte Claire Auto Museum

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.